A move to Magnus Sports for Acuna Jr. headlines the weekend for the Braves.
Though the week leading up to Thanksgiving can sometimes be action packed when it comes to MLB news, this past weekend was rather quiet. The biggest news from Sunday was the revelation that Braves outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. switched agents to now be represented by Magnus Sports. Acuna Jr.’s two younger brothers and cousin, all prospects across baseball, all are now represented by Magnus Sports.
Magnus Sports represents many other notable names around baseball, so the move for Acuna Jr. to an agency that represents both he and his family makes sense. Rasiel Iglesias also is represented by Magnus Sports, so the Braves do have familiarity with the agency.
- The season review series rolls on by looking at trade deadline acquisition Robbie Grossman.
- The latest Battery Power Podcast looks at the latest around baseball and discusses the state of the Braves bullpen, both their 2022 success and moving forward.
- If the Mets are not able to resign Jacob deGrom, they could shift their focus to another elite veteran right-hander in Justin Verlander, who they have already reportedly met with.
- Giants and Rangers are among the teams interested in Mitch Haniger.
- In the same piece from Ken Rosenthal, the Mets, who have plenty of rotation spots to fill, are also interested in Jameson Tallion.
- The Dodgers could be lining up to make a run at Aaron Judge.