The Atlanta Braves began the season with a thud, losing all three games to the Philadelphia Phillies. That is not the start that anyone involved with the organization was seeking but, as many have noted, the Braves have started slow and recovered before. Still, the schedule was weird, the Braves were involved in league-wide news and it was a pretty busy week, leaving the Talking Chop Podcast much to discuss for Episode 282.
TC’s Brad Rowland and Eric Cole combine to chat about the following:
- MLB elected to move the 2021 All-Star Game out of Truist Park
- The Braves had a very rough weekend in Philadelphia
- Offense was totally and utterly lacking against the Phillies, but the peripherals were modestly encouraging
- Pitching wasn’t a big issue, which is nice
- Freddie Freeman is officially operating on an expiring contract, which should make everyone at least slightly uncomfortable
- Catching up on the latest transactional news
- Looking ahead to the second week, including an unexpected day off on Monday and an early double-header to get the juices flowing
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.