The Atlanta Braves are in the midst of their hottest stretch of the 2021 season, and it is time to talk about it. The Talking Chop Podcast returns for another run, with plenty to discuss.
TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman chat about the following topics in Episode 302:
- The Braves just keep winning and they made some history this week
- Huascar Ynoa is back, strengthening Atlanta’s rotation
- Freddie Freeman hit for the cycle on Wednesday, and he did it in his first four plate appearances
- Atlanta went from four games back to four games ahead in 17 days
- Friday’s game featured a thoroughly dominant effort from Max Fried and a streak for the Baltimore Orioles that no team would want
- The bullpen has been cooking lately, and that especially applies to Tyler Matzek
- Travis d’Arnaud signed a contract extension this week, giving the Braves a quality starting option under control for the next two-plus seasons
- Looking ahead at the projections for the Braves and the rest of the NL East, taking into account that the Mets will be without Jacob DeGrom for at least another month
- The upcoming week features a bizarre schedule for Atlanta
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.