The Atlanta Braves had their biggest game of the season on Saturday in Milwaukee, facing a 1-0 deficit in the National League Division Series. In contrast to Game 1, the Braves took the lead and never relinquished it, evening the matchup at 1-1 as the two teams head to Atlanta.
TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman co-host Episode 311 of the Talking Chop Podcast and topics include the following:
- The third inning was kind to the Braves, with help from Jorge Soler, Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Albies, Kolten Wong and Ron Washington
- Austin Riley’s home run brought insurance and additional comfort
- Max Fried was lights-out, and there was controversy — at least in some circles — when he was removed from the game
- Tyler Matzek held down the fort with four huge outs
- Will Smith scared everyone (again) before putting things away
- Looking ahead to Game 3 on Monday and the rest of the series, with Atlanta stealing home-field advantage in what amounts to a best-of-three clash
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.