A fascinating top ten and some awesome games on the horizon for week 2
After a thrilling Week 1 of college football, updates to The Binion Index are here.
Some notes after the first updates of the season:
- Georgia’s destruction of Oregon moves them comfortably to the second spot, but Alabama didn’t give any ground
- BYU is a shocking number five; the test this weekend when the Cougars host Baylor will be enlightening
- TBI has absolutely loved UAB going back to last year; this week’s game against Liberty will be informative, but UAB doesn’t have a P5 out of conference game until LSU in November
- USC rose about 30 spots by destroying Rice; it will be fascinating to see how quickly they rise
- Duke has nearly drawn even to GT after Week 1 results
Remember, to get a game projection, subtract the two team ratings, and add 2.5 points to the home team.
Season to Date Results:
Win Percentage Against the Spread: 37% (Goal = 55%)
Absolute Error Against Final Margin: 15.0 PPG (Goal = 12.5)