The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry, played at a stadium commemorating the incredible comeback of the Tune Squad over the Monstars, is this Saturday. Stetson Bennett will be looking to push his record to 2-0 against the Tigers, and the Dawgs will look to win for the 14th time in 17 tries against Auburn.
Elsewhere in the conference, here is who’s making headlines.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
- Missouri defensive line coach Jethro Franklin was fired after the Tigers’ 62-24 loss to Tennessee. The Vols never punted in that game, and the Missouri defense looked extremely overmatched.
- South Carolina wide receiver OrTre Smith has entered the transfer portal, with head coach Shane Beamer stating he has only positive things to share about Smith when coaches come calling.
- Kentucky has been fined $250,000 for rushing the field after their 20-13 win over Florida. It was their first home win over the Gators since 1986, so I’m assuming the hefty fine for the Wildcats’ third violation of the rule is worth it.
- When people are discussing your successor when you still have your job, things are not going well for you. This is the situation LSU head coach Ed Orgeron finds himself in. After yet another shaky start to the season, names such as Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher, Penn State head coach James Franklin, and Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin are popping up as potential replacements for the Tigers.
- Finally, if you are looking for your next Netflix show to binge, Mike Leach has some suggestions for you. In his postgame interview, he stated he has already watched Outer Banks season 2, and he also has enjoyed the show Bloodline. 2021, y’all.
Beat Auburn. Nuff said. GO DAWGS!!!