Kirby Smart was pleased with his team’s overall effort, and pleased to be back in Sanford Stadium. The Top ‘Dawg also provided:
- A little more background on the decision to go with Stetson Bennett as the starter. It sounds like the decision was made and communicated to the players to go with a 2 series for Bennett, 1 for Beck rotation and the coaches stuck with it, despite the Mailman’s hot hand.
- An update on JT Daniels’ situation. Unfortunately it sounds like his oblique injury presents the way those often do: sometimes it hurts a lot, sometimes it doesn’t hurt at all, sometimes it hurts just enough for you to know it’s there. That’s a frustrating state of affairs for Daniels, Smart, and Bulldog fans.
- His thoughts on why the offense struggled to run the ball at times.
- An analysis of how Brock Bowers found himself becoming a key component of the UGA offense so quickly.
- Some important points about why getting younger players on the field and experiencing success in a game like this is important.
Our thanks as always to the good folks at Bulldawg Illustrated for their video. Be sure to check them out for a wide variety of UGA coverage. Until later….