This is the Friday Tailgate, the virtual tent under which we congregate to share music, revelry, and rascalry while we wait for toe to meet leather on Saturday afternoon. Maestro, the music for the oldest rivalry in all of Southern football:
I’ve spent a lot of time around Auburn folks in my day. To paraphrase former Auburn city treasurer Bilbo Baggins, I know half of them half as well as I should like. But I like less than half of them twice as much as they deserve. They’re mostly a harmless lot most of the time, but there’s a certain vocal minority who have the self-awareness of a newborn lamb and smell half as nice.
Auburn: for when you got into neither. https://t.co/CUuhNS6Jq3
— Dawg Sports (@dawgsports) October 8, 2021
Those Auburn fans are the reason I hate Auburn as a concept, even if I tolerate, or even like, some individual Barners. Every year. Every year, just like clock work.
But enough about the reason for the hatin’ season. You probably came here to our weekly over/under. Dawg Sports reader I ask you, over or under:
- JT Daniels takes 7.9 snaps at quarterback.
- Stetson Bennett attempts 19.9 passes.
- Georgia rushes for 199.9 yards.
- Auburn rushes for 99.9 yards.
- Darnell Washington catches 1.9 passes.
- AD Mitchell catches 2.9 passes.
- Stetson Bennett throws 0.9 interceptions.
- Bo Nix throws 1.9 interceptions.
- TJ Finley throws 0.9 interceptions.
- Georgia scores 5.9 defensive/special teams points exclusive of Jack Podlesny’s efforts.
- Nakobe Dean registers 2.9 tackles for loss.
- Adam Anderson registers 1.9 sacks.
- Auburn tallies 13.9 points on the day.
- Georgia scores 29.9 points in total.
- The Auburn student section’s denizens will collectively hold 9.9 undergraduate acceptance letters to the University of Georgia.
This will be the outpost for any news or open commenty type happening for tonight’s college football action, including Temple at # 5 Cincinnati and Stanford at #22 Arizona State. Until later…