What can we expect from this Falcons team in the 2021 season?
While the Falcons 53-man roster is undergoing constant tweaks and adjustments, we now have a good idea of what it’s going to look like for the 2021 season. While we’ve graded out the offense and the defense in previous podcasts, I wanted to take a broad look at the roster and the anticipated impact of the new coaches going into this season.
I was joined by Mile Garrett of Fox 5 in Atlanta to talk about this in detail. We discussed a wide range of topics including:
- The immediate uplift of going from Dirk Koetter to Arthur Smith for the offense
- The concerns along the offensive line and why this is the unit that will make or break this offense
- The decision to not draft a QB and stick with Matt Ryan
- The wide receiver depth and why it may not ultimately matter as much
- Getting Dean Pees to come out of retirement and what it says about Arthur Smith as a new head coach
- The surprising efficiency of the defense in 2020 and why this could round out to being an average defense as soon as this year
- The most promising and most concerning position groups on the defense and when players like Richie Grant will contribute
- So much more
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: