Yes, it’s the Jets, but Atlanta overcame a lot to get this key victory.
The Falcons went into this game with several important starters out. Missing star receiver Calvin Ridley and losing Isaiah Oliver for the year were tough blows. Starting receiver Russell Gage and DT Marlon Davidson didn’t even make the trip. Then Avery Williams and Erik Harris both finished the week as doubtful to play on Sunday. Everything was stacking up against the Falcons.
Then they won by seven against an admittedly bad Jets team.
Still, this is a team that showed up and overcame a lot to get an important win. We talked about this and more on the latest postgame podcast.
Evan Birchfield and I covered a lot of ground, including:
- The big game by Kyle Pitts and how important it was to get him going
- Matt Ryan coming through yet again with another great game
- The inability of teams to stop Cordarelle Patterson
- The development of the offensive line and why they may be the critical development coming out of this game
- The frustrating special teams lapses
- An overall decent defensive performance, bolstered by a very bad Zach Wilson
- So much more
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: